The fine folks over at WB and DC Collectibles sent over some info regarding the reveal of an over 6 foot Life-Size Black and White Statue designed by Todd McFarlane! The statue will be revealed at the San Diego Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park, on June 17th, coinciding with Preview night of SDCC 2019. Check out the info below:
WARNER BROS. PRODUCTS AND DC COLLECTIBLES TO UNVEIL THE 100TH STATUE IN THE BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE COLLECTION AT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON
IN CELEBRATION OF THE DARK KNIGHT’S 80TH ANNIVERSARY
Special Over 6-Foot Life-Size Black and White Statue Designed by Artist Todd McFarlane
to be Revealed During the Comic-Con Museum Character Hall of Fame Event on July 17
BURBANK, Calif. - (July 16, 2019)
- In celebration of the 80th anniversary, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Collectibles announced today that the 100th Batman Black and White statue in the popular ongoing DC Collectibles line will be unveiled at the forthcoming San Diego Comic-Con Museum on July 17. A special over 6-foot life-size version of the Todd McFarlane-designed statue will be revealed during a special ceremony recognizing DC’s iconic Super Hero, Batman, the inaugural inductee into the Comic-Con Museum Hall of Fame.
The milestone #100 statue is based off McFarlane’s own cover of Batman issue #423. As with the previous 99 in the series, McFarlane’s design, reinforces the core value of DC Collectibles to represent the printed page in 3D form and pays homage to Batman’s rich legacy.
Guests of the Museum will also have the rare opportunity to see the current 100-statue series throughout the week as part of The Batman Experience Powered by AT&T
at the Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park. Not only will #100 be revealed with its special life-size version, but #99 by Doug Mahnke will be making its first public appearance.
Following the Comic-Con Museum launch event titled, “The Gathering” which will feature a “black carpet reception,” the life-size #100 Black & White statue will be auctioned off with proceeds benefiting the Comic-Con Museum. “To simply be a part of the 80th anniversary of a character that has always held such a special place in my heart is an honor,”
McFarlane said. “But in designing this statue I truly feel like I’m adding to Batman’s legacy and in the process benefitting a hall of fame that will become an institution both for comic fans and the San Diego community.”
DC Collectibles will give fans even more super-sized experiences and opportunities during Comic-Con week with:
- DC Collectibles will hold its annual panel, moderated by Samm Levine, in Room 9 on July 18 from 10:00-11:00 a.m. PT. Led by Executive Creative Director Jim Fletcher, the panel will also consist of special guests Todd McFarlane and Jake Castorena. From limited edition statues and action figures to prop replicas, busts, and vinyls fans can join the DC Collectibles crew to hear the latest exclusive news about what’s coming and how each designer turns their amazing ideas into fan-favorite items.
- DC Collectibles will once again highlight new and never before seen sculpts and figures on the Comic Con floor this year in the all new DC and WB mega booth #4545. A few of the notable items to be displayed will include:
- Batman Black and White #99 and #100
- Batman Animated: The Adventures Continue Action Figures
- DC Artists Alley: Aquaman by Chris Uminga and The Joker by Brandt Peters
- DC Essentials: Batman, Poison Ivy, Superman (Black Suit) and Bizarro
- DC Cover Cover Girls
- Joelle Jones completes her run with the beautiful Catwoman Wedding Statue
- Frank Cho takes over the line with his own take on the classic Batgirl
- And Many More!
For those in the area, be sure to head on over to the San Diego Comic-Con Museum and experience the celebration of the one and only Dark Knight Character!